You might need help from an adult to complete some of these tasks. Others you will be able to do by yourself.
Please practice your Year 1 and 2 common exception words at home. You can test yourself each day and see how many you can get right out of 10! Try to beat your high score on how many you can write correctly. As an extension, see if you can write them in a sentence.
Please read your reading books at home everyday. Write a book review or a few sentences if you finish a book. Tell us about your favourite part, your favourite character etc.
- Write a diary of what you do at home.
- Write a poem about scallywag pirates.
- Write a short story about a pirate's day.
- Write a short story about if you were deserted on an island.
- Create a poster for a wanted, naughty pirate!
- Write a set of instructions for your beach in a jar. How did you make it?
- Make a treasure map with a set of instructions for someone in your family to find the treasure.
Please practice your multiplication tables everyday. These should be the 2, 5 and 10 timestables. Use Timetable Rockstars to help you do this- try to get a new high score!
Create your own maths challenges to complete, for example:
- Create your own adding, subtraction, multiplying and dividing questions and answer them.
- Go on a shape hunt around your home. Can you try to draw these?
- Measure objects around your home. What is the tallest and smallest thing in your house?